Thursday, June 19, 2014

You could be an OFA Summer Fellow

Oneida Rodriguez
to me
Donna --

A year ago, I didn't know I'd be a grassroots organizer today.

But thanks to the OFA fellowship program, here I am, so much better prepared to make a difference on the issues I care about.

As a fellow this spring, I picked up skills and tools that are critical to organizing -- everything from hosting events to running phone banks, holding press conferences, and empowering others to step up and volunteer.

This is the perfect opportunity for anyone looking to dig into progressive issues this summer. If you know someone who sounds like a good fit,
encourage them to apply here by the deadline on Sunday, June 15th -- or even fill out an application yourself.

Through my work with OFA, I've been able to get involved in two of the fights that really matter to me: the Stand with Women campaign and immigration reform.

What's been especially meaningful to me is the ability to meet people where they are -- I'm bilingual, so when I go out and knock on doors and talk to folks about the work we're doing, I know how important it is to do it in the language they're most comfortable with. And because these issues directly affect my community -- mis amigos y mis vecinos -- I've picked up invaluable skills in moving folks to take action.

Pretty cool, right?

The fellows program runs through July and August, and it's competitive -- so make sure anyone you know who's interested gets their application in soon. Every person who is interested should apply, and multicultural and bilingual folks who are excited to put their skills to use in communities across the country are especially encouraged to get involved. Apply right now, or pass this along to someone who may be interested:
http://my.barackobama.com/OFA-2014-Summer-Organizing-Fellowship

Thanks -- and good luck! Oneida

Oneida Rodriguez
2014 Spring Fellow
Organizing for Action

 
  
 
P.S.:  Everyone welcome!  This is your open invitation to participate in any of the above mentioned events.  Collaborate with others in your own city, community, district, region, town or state.  You will meet many people that do not see life as you do, do not believe as you do, environmentally speaking, do not reside as you do; but yet and still we all have something familiar within the common denominator.  A common thread.  Nationally speaking:  Make a difference.

~ Success to you ~

No comments:

Post a Comment