Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Not Losing Sleep

Will from Creston info@barackobama.com
to me
 D. -- 

My name is Will. I'm a University of Iowa student and a volunteer with President Obama's campaign -- and I have a confession.

You may have heard about the fact that we're getting outspent, which is causing a lot of my fellow Obama supporters to lose sleep -- but not me.

That's because of you.

To be clear, as a grassroots organizer, I'm not getting tons of R&R. It's just that, after I pitch in my 30 bucks, what keeps me up at night is whether one of the new volunteers I trained might be ready to step up into a leadership role, or how I can talk someone I met today into coming by tomorrow to make more calls.

That's how ordinary people like me spend every day making sure we're going to win in November: Reach out to new people. Find out why they support the President. Train them until we organize ourselves out of a job. Then start over.

So thanks for making sure I can afford to focus on what I do best -- can you pitch in $3 or whatever you can to keep it going?


https://donate.barackobama.

com/Keep-It-Going 

See you out there,

Will

Will Reasoner
OFA-Iowa Organizing Fellow

No comments:

Post a Comment